Gracy Wear Red Day
05 DECEMBER 2014
Gracy Title employees have gone red with the goal of raising awareness in the fight against heart disease in women. We've teamed up with The American Heart Association's local chapter of Go Red for Women to bring you Pets Go Red.
The Pets Go Red initiative focuses on pet ownership and its benefits to better heart health. Today, Friday, December 5, we celebrate the launch of our photo contest, and our offices are going red to celebrate the occasion. We invite you to register for the contest or vote for your favorite pet to make a difference in the fight against the nation's number one killer for women – heart disease. See photos below of our spirited employees as we celebrate Pets Go Red.
Top Photo: Gracy Title 183 North and 183 North Annex
Middle Photo: Shoal Creek Office - Gracy Title, Prosperity Title, Dominion Title and Bedrock Title
Bottom Photo: Lake Travis Lohmans
Pets Go Red Photo Contest
03 NOVEMBER 2014
Gracy's partnered with the local Austin chapter of Go Red for Women in the fight against the number one killer of women – heart disease. As the official sponsor to the Pets Go Red campaign, we're looking to our employees and friends in the community to join us in a fun, yet meaningful fundraiser to promote heart health. So what is Pets Go Red? It's an awareness campaign to help promote heart health via pet ownership.
- You can register online as soon as Nov. 15.
- $25.00 entry fee – donation to the American Heart Association®.
- Contestant will have a page where they will exhibit a photo of their pet in red and a brief answer to the question of why heart health is important to you and your pet.
- The campaign is part of Life is Why, the new anthem of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
The fundraiser comes to a close on Feb. 15, 2015, and the pet who raises the most donations for the American Heart Association will be named Go Red Pet of the Year and will win:
- A full professional photo session with Molly Quirk
- Winning photo included in the Spring/Summer issue of Austin Women Magazine
- Winning owner and pet will be showcased during the Summit in our Go Red for Women Fashion Show
- Top five winners will receive a complimentary ticket and be showcased at the Go Red for Women Summit, to be held on February 26, 2015.
- Doggie spa and treat prizes
So save the date for registration on November 15 and go to austingored.heart.org and click on "Pets Go Red" to register.
Make a Contribution - 2 Ways to Contribute
- Visit the Pets Go Red page and vote for your favorite pet ($25 minimum donation).
- Make a cash or check donation at any participating Gracy Title location.
All donations of $20 or more are eligible to receive a Gracy Title Pets Go Red T-shirt, while supplies last. Just show your receipt at any Gracy Title location to claim your T-shirt!
All donations made to Gracy Title will benefit the American Heart Association Austin division to fund women-specific research, prevention and education for heart disease in the Austin community and beyond.
Realty Round Up 2014
16 OCTOBER 2014
- We were very flattered to win "Best in Show" this year among our friends in the real estate community at Realty Round Up. Gracy associates contributed with photos of their pets to help raise awareness on how pet ownership can lead to better heart health (see slideshow below). Most importantly, we'd like to send a very big thank you to all who stopped by out booth during Realty Round Up this year to make a contribution to Go Red for Women.
- We are excited to be working alongside the American Heart Association this year to raise awareness of the number one killer of women – heart disease. Realty Round Up was just the beginning; Gracy Title is the official sponsor to Pets Go Red this year. This is a pet photo contest held to raise awareness of how pet ownership can be beneficial to a healthier heart. Please be sure to register online to be a part of this event starting November 15. The contest will last from Dec. 15 to Feb. 15, and the pet who raises the most during this time period will be named "Go Red Pet of the Year".
- Contact any of our sales executives for more information.
- Pets to the Rescue! Click to watch the presentation below.
Go Red for Women is our 2014 Facebook Charity Contest winner!
02 SEPTEMBER 2014
Our contest has come to a close with Go Red for Women as the charity with the most votes. Thank you to all who participated in this year's contest. Voting was open from August 18 to September 1, and, thanks to your popular vote, a $1,000 donation to this charity has become a reality. Gracy is also enthusiastic about collaborating more throughout this year and into the future with Go Red for Women to help raise funds and awareness to fight the leading cause of death in women today, heart disease. Come visit us at booth number 322 this year at Realty Round Up or visit Austin's American Heart Association's Go Red For Women page for more information and to see how you can get involved.
ADA Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes
POSTED BY ELLEN LAZARETTI | 23 OCTOBER 2014
Saturday, November 8, 2014 – Austin, Texas
American Diabetes Association® (ADA) has one mission: To prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes. This year's course takes place on the historic grounds of Camp Mabry in Central Austin. Participants in the walk will enjoy an interactive nature and historical walk. In addition, there is an option to run in a timed 5K race. There will be food, music, kids activities and more.
We welcome you to join our team "Run Like Hejl" to run the timed 5K and help stop diabetes.
To join or support our team, Run Like Hejl, please click here.
To register for the walk, or to get more information, click here.
For more information on diabetes, click here.
Location: Camp Mabry
2200 W. 35th St., Austin, TX 78703
Timed 5K entry fee: $35 through Race Day
Walk entry fee: FREE through Race Day
Chip and packet pick up will start at 7:00 a.m. Chips and bibs (for 5K) must be picked up no later than 8:30 a.m.
All 5K race entry fees will include a special race day goody bag, race timing and age groups awards.
Registration/Grounds open at 7:00 a.m.
Timed 5K race starts at 8:55 a.m.
Walk starts at 9:00 a.m.