DEJA VU All Over Again 022312
You are invited to attend a special Women’s Council of Realtors presentation
DÉJÀ VU All Over Again
A Real Estate and Economic Outlook for 2012
Date: February 23, 2012
Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00PM
a Presented by Dr. Ted C. Jones,
Senior Vice President – Chief Economist for Stewart Title Guaranty Company
It would appear that the sputtering economy and minimal change in many real estate markets is repeating itself again — not much looks different. While the U.S. has 100,000+ new job seekers entering the workforce each month, job growth in the past 12 months has averaged just 125,000 with 6.6 million fewer jobs in the country at the end of October 2011 than January 1, 2008. Déjà vu all over again!
Whenever talking about real estate, if we have learned anything, it is to invoke the TINSTAANREM clause — There Is No Such Thing As A National Real Estate Market. Ditto the U.S. economy. Both are local in nature.
Housing sales nationwide remain 11 percent less than the last “normal” period in 2002 — which was following a recession that ended in 2001 and before the subprime debacle. Median housing values are down an average 27+ percent. So goes roof tops (the health of the housing market), so goes com ercial markets.
Join Dr. Ted Jones as he addresses these issues:
- When do the national and local economies recover — i.e. When does real substantial job growth return? And home values?
- And commercial property values? Since there is no such thing as a national real estate market or economy, where are the hot spots and where are the NOT spots?
- Are loan issues, stricter qualifying requirements and 20 percent minimum down payments making the new generation of workers in the U.S. a generation of renters versus a generation of homeowners?
- What is best decision for dwellers in the local market—rent or buy?
- $800 billion stimulus doesn’t seem to have stimulated much at all except a big pile of debt. What alternatives are there today to get out of déjà vu all over again?
- What is going to be the ongoing impact of the European debt crisis on the global and U.S. economies?
- While some liquidity has returned to commercial segment, what does it take to get loan today?
- What are the opportunities in the housing and commercial sector?
- Where are interest rates heading? And inflation? Will the Fed be successful stimulating the economy using more quantitative easing and operation twist?
- What should we do to position the U.S. for long-term economic growth?
- How long till we get back to normal? And, what did normal look like since all we’ve seen since 2004 is either boom or bust?
- Plus, the worst question of all, is this economy and real estate market the “New Normal”?
Seminar is FREE to all Members — Register Today! (Non-Members $10)
Address: __________________________________________________ Zip Code: __________________
Phone: ______________________ Email: ________________________ License #: _________________
Total Amount: __________ Cash Check # _______ Credit Card: _____________________________
MC VISA AMEX DISCOVER VC Code __________________ Exp. _____________________
Payment must be made at time of registration. Registrations are not transferable. Register online at www.swflrealtors.com, Member Experience, My Account. Email email@example.com or fax form to: 239/936-2836. Call: 239/936-3537, ext. 225/Gloria with any questions. Sponsor: Stewart Title, Doug Stevens, Jr., C.L.C., Vice President REALTOR® Association of Greater Fort Myers and the Beach, Inc.