Stewart provides multiple options for issuing policy forms.
- Policy jackets can be electronically generated utilizing the Stewart Title Electronic Policy System™ (STEPS) online jacket generation system. STEPS is the preferred method for issuing policy jackets.
- Form templates can be provided for use in certain title production systems.
- Hard copy forms can be requested from Stewart Forms and Information (SFI). These include:
- For access to STEPS or to find out more about loading form templates, contact your Agency Services Manager.
- Requests for hard copy forms can be made via phone (800) 729-1901 or (800) STEWART, fax (713) 961-4506 or via email.
Tips for ordering hard copy forms:
- Please have your Stewart Agency ID handy when you place your request.
- Designate one person to be responsible for ordering Policy Forms from SFI and keep a log detailing which forms have been ordered.
- Order as far in advance as possible. It is our policy to ship all orders received BEFORE 3:00 p.m. CDT the day they are received, unless the form is not in our inventory. Urgent requests can be processed later than 3:00 p.m. CDT if you provide your FedEx® account number. However, placing your order well in advance is more cost effective. Allow up to five working days for requests shipped by ground transportation.
- Place your order by 3:00 p.m. CDT for same day service. Our shipping department must receive your order by 3:00 p.m. CDT in order to provide same day shipping. Orders received after 3:00 p.m. CDT will be shipped the following day.
- Order by SFI item number. SFI provides forms to agents in all 50 states, Canada, Puerto Rico and Guam. There are promulgated forms for each state. Knowing the item code for the form you want will expedite delivery of your order. Item codes are located in the bottom left-hand corner of the forms.
- Fax or email large orders when possible. Faxing or emailing large orders will save you time on the phone and allow us to serve you more effectively.