Become a Stewart Trusted Provider
Qualifications to become an Issuing Agent for Stewart Title Guaranty in Georgia:
- All closings must be conducted by a licensed Georgia attorney.
- Minimum of three years' experience in the real estate industry. Also a minimum of three years of closing experience.
- Minimum remittance to Stewart Title Guaranty per calendar year is $7,500.00
- An application and related credit, background and reference checks will be completed for the applicant(s). (Partners of 10% or more must complete application).
- An E&O policy in the minimum amount of $1,000,000 must be in effect for the applicant(s).
- Please include copy of Articles of Incorporation for Georgia Professional Corporation.
- Please include copy of license with Georgia Insurance Commissioner if applicable.
- Records for the two most recent consecutive months for all escrow/trust bank accounts. For each escrow account please include copies only (no originals) of:
- Bank statements
- Account reconciliation
- Deposit-in-transit list
- Outstanding check listings
- Trial balance report (also called multiple balance list, open file list or condensed escrow report)
- Current and prior year financial statements
- Stewart requires all new agency applicants to carry an Escrow Security Bond for their escrow account. If you currently have this coverage, please send a copy along with your application. If you do not, please consider purchasing the comprehensive Escrow Security Bond offered through Stewart Specialty Insurance to protect you and your clients. For more information please contact Will Elizondo at (713) 892-3547 or visit http://stewartbonds.com/escrow-security-bond.
- Additionally, an appointment will be scheduled to review your file procedures and any escrow exceptions will be investigated.
Note: Stewart's approval process for agents may take up to three weeks from receipt of the above mentioned requirements.
Please email Ginger McGinty to begin the application process or fax your completed forms to Ginger McGinty, direct fax: (678) 559-0454.