Access the underwriting information you need to close a transaction in record time with Stewart's Virtual Underwriter (VU). With VU, you can access information from the Special Alerts Database, which includes a list of Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) and Blocked Persons, along with Stewart's Closing Alerts. In VU, you can also view underwriting manuals, forms, bulletins, business practices, standard exceptions and more.
Vitual Underwriter provides attorneys, title offices and lenders access to information needed to close a transaction, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. This award-winning program is easy to use and offers a host of information such as:
- Bulletins - hundreds of bulletins of Stewart's underwriting guidelines and procedures
- Business Practices - a state-by-state guide on how real estate is transferred, including recording fees, transfer taxes and forms; in addition to the UCC Guide and the Real Estate Recording Guide, both with access to information provided by Ernst Publishing
- Corporate Directory - key Stewart associates listed alphabetically and geographically
- Endorsement Guidelines - instructions on how and when specific endorsements should be used
- Forms - the most comprehensive collection of policy forms and endorsements available
- Comprehensive Search - keywords in the Underwriting Manual, Forms, Bulletins, Standard Exceptions and Endorsement Guidelines
- Patriots Database - downloaded automatically every night from the U.S. Department of the Treasury's list of Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) and Blocked Persons, the database is searchable by last name, first name and alternative identity, and includes links to the Executive Order on terrorist activities and the Stewart Legal Services Bulletin detailing how to handle a search procedure
- Standard Exceptions - a list of the most frequently used policy exceptions as well as thorough explanations of how and when they should be used
- Underwriting Manual - general underwriting principles for insuring most real estate transactions on a national and state-by-state basis
Take a closer look at Stewart's Virtual Underwriter and streamline your closing process today.