We're always looking for exceptional talent to join our team.
At Stewart Title of Austin, you’re part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dream of property ownership a reality. Join our team and discover how we impact lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estate services and solutions; we provide the security for building communities and dreams.
The heart of our company lies with our most valuable asset, our employees. Reach out to us today, It could be you we're looking for.
Expand the listings below for details of available positions.
Click the button below the job title to send us your resume and cover letter. Or, you can visit our LinkedIn page to "Easy Apply".
We're always looking for qualified escrow officers throughout our market area to join our team. For a list of our office locations click here.
Job Summary: The Escrow Officer is responsible to effectively manage the real estate closing transaction for insuring title insurance and be prepared to efficiently handle any situation which may arise during the escrow process.
- Determine what steps need to be taken to transfer the title of property pursuant to the conditions called for in the real estate contract and lender instructions
- Prepare all closing documents necessary to ensure title insurance is issued at closing
- Oversee the issuance of checks, bills and statements, receipts, and any other documents needed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Secure all documents (corrective and others) that may be required for the issuance of title insurance
- Conduct closing with customer, realtor, lenders, and attorneys
- Assist customers and clients with closing related questions
- Prior to disbursement, confirm all funds are collected, all appropriate documents are checked for accuracy, signatures are collected, and acknowledgements and legal descriptions are correct
- Correct all taxes due, HOA dues, and any delinquencies and/or principal and interest
- Ensure all payoffs have been collected, mailed, delivered or wired according to instructions
- Verify against the HUD statement that all disbursements have been paid correctly
- Prior to recording, verify all legal documents for correct acknowledgements, legal, and lien information
- When needed, delegate work to and manage work of escrow assistants in the real estate transaction process
- Manage and develop client relationships to ensure future real estate closing transactions
- Market new business and make calls on current and prospective clients
- Correspond with lenders, builders, real estate agents and attorneys as needed
- Collaborate with title department to resolve title issues such as legal descriptions, easements, lot splits, vesting, all tax liens, abstracts of judgments, bankruptcies, boundary disputes, encroachments, list pendants, etc.
Role Specific Knowledge:
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field.
- Good client relations and organizational skills.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting documents.
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to deal with multiple types of roles such as real estate sellers, buyers, agents and brokers.
Education, Licensure and Experience
- Completion of a High School diploma or GED required.
- Licensed in title insurance pre-state requirements or currently applying to be licensed
Job Summary: Work with lenders, loan officers and attorneys to acquire, analyze and organize all necessary documents needed to process closing packages. Have the ability to balance the workload to accommodate demands of the job, and exceed customer expectations.
- Process and quality check all documents from lenders and attorneys for accuracy.
- Prepare title company closing documents in timely and professional manner.
- Ensure complete and accurate packages are submitted for approval.
- Respond to inquires from borrowers, lenders and attorneys to resolve discrepancies.
- Prior to closing, call and confirm with lenders how the packages are being sent. On purchase closings, call at least 48 hours prior to closing date.
- Work to build strong partnerships with local lenders, realtors, attorneys.
Role Specific Knowledge
- Have an understanding of escrow standards and basic understanding of title clearance.
- Knowledgeable in real estate regulations and guidelines, document preparation, and RESPA rules.
- Comprehensive understanding of pay off per diems & tax prorations, interest etc. Have a complete understanding of lenders documents and recordings.
- Possess the skill set to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong communication skills, to professionally communicate with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Education, Licensure, And Experience
- Completion of a High School diploma
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in loan processing which includes experience in escrow closings and HUD preparation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Stewart is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us by calling 1-800-729-1904 option 4, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.